Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Back in Action...With a Glee-cap

I'm not great at blogging...actually, I'm pretty bad at it. But I've decided to start using my blog to talk about stuff I like and stuff I don't like. Wow...I know. The topics could range from pop culture and television to legal issues and religion. So stay tuned because you never know what you're gonna get!

Tonight I want to talk about this week's episode of Glee. It got a resounding two thumbs down from me.

First things first - Glee, you are a comedy...please stick to it. Nothing is worse than when a comedy tries to have a serious message episode. As if this show did not have enough agendas already, an episode about death? really? At least the other "issues" the show addresses are comical in some way. This one fell flat. There is one single exception to a comedy having an enjoyable serious message episode - The episode of Saved By The Bell when Jessie is on caffeine pills. If you need a refresher, here it is...


As you can see, this is so wrong it's right.

Another bone I have to pick with this week's Glee is, Where the H was Brittany S. Pierce?? I only watch Glee for 2 reasons - 1. To watch Heather Morris (Brittany) flawlessly and repeatedly land hilarious lines and 2. To hear Santana sing duets with Mercedes or Fleetwood Mac songs. Neither of these were given to me this week. :(

If I could take back the hour I spent watching this week's episode, I would...and I wish I could have just watched an hour of Mercedes singing Try A Little Tenderness on repeat. Be nice to your ears and give them this treat...


And for the love of Phylicia Rashad, stop giving Kurt so many solos...if I wanted to listen to a little girl sing, I would call my 3 year old niece.

Also, I was genuinely creeped out with the whole Willy Wonka funeral.

In my heart of hearts I'm hoping this episode was purposefully so bad so that next week's finale episode will be just that much more amazing.

Let it be.

No comments: