Monday, September 22, 2008

60th Annual Prime-time Emmy Awards

So it was Emmy night once again.  I didn't watch much of the show but what I did watch pulled a range of emotions from me.  The hosts of the event were the 5 nominees for best reality show host...what?  Its kind of pathetic when the most humorous lines were delivered by Tom Bergeron of America's Funniest Home Videos.  But then again, it wasn't half as bad as having to watch Russell Brand host the VMAs this year.

I was overjoyed to see my comedic heroine, Tina Fey, and 30 Rock take away such awesome awards.  Lets just be honest, I love all things Tina Fey because she gives me faith that it is possible for women to be just as funny as men.  Plus, she has a face scar and who doesn't love a good face scar every now and then.

I do, however, have one main frustration with all award shows.  I get so frustrated with actors who use award shows to "grace" audiences with their tired political theories.  Someone wins an award for writing well or whatever it may be and suddenly they feel qualified to share their political revelations with the rest of the millions watching.  Sorry to burst the award winners ego-bubble but writing on a cable tv show doesn't have anything to do with politics or the war or global warming, so just do us all a favor and take your award, thank your manager, and shut up.  My favorite celebrities are the ones who act like politicians are so out of touch with normal society, as if they know what being in touch with normal society is themselves.  I am not saying they aren't entitled to their opinions but it is ridiculous to take advantage of the recognition they are given for their achievement in the entertainment industry to "educate" those less fortunate.

Basically, give me a break and no thanks.

Take us out Tina!

1 comment:

Cat said...

no lie, I checked your blog not even an hour ago and it hadn't been updated yet, and I was so heartbroken b/c I now view your blog as the conversation we would have had if I was still living on your couch, and then I saw your profile that said it had been updated and my heart lept for joy! And why did they even nominate anybody else for best actress in a comedy series? It should have just been Tina Fey versus herself 4 times.